879 Coleman Ave. Suite 40, San Jose, California 95110

Become an Amazing Martial Artist During COVID-19

Request More Information

Request More Information

Become an Amazing Martial Artist During COVID-19

It’s April 5, and Day 20 of Shelter in Place

Not that having an incredible beach body is the most important thing in the world but… Yeah, you know. 🤣

Yesterday a parent told me that her child has been practicing Wushu with our online classes 4-5 times a week. Without an instructor forcing him! That makes me so happy to hear because I know that this is a child that will one day do incredible things. And here’s why I believe that:

When I was a competitor training for the United States Wushu Nationals I spent so many hours in self-imposed isolation practicing, drilling, stretching, conditioning, weight-lifting, studying. Over and over for hours on end. Just 10% of my time was spent with a class or an instructor, the other 90% of the time it was just me alone

You see, I knew that in order to win, I had to work harder than anybody else. Everyone was attending class. But that’s really the bare minimum. If I did just that and nothing else, I’d be no better than my competition. In fact, I’d be worse; I had a late start in Wushu. Having only 4 years of experience, I was competing against people who had been learning Wushu for 20 years or longer. I had no choice but to do more in order to compensate.

That year I won 2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze, and won the trophy cup for Men’s All-Around Champion. 

Right now most of you have an abundance of something you haven’t had in a long while: TIME. So use it! Are you spending your hours binging Netflix or playing iPad, or are you leveling up yourself? If your goal is to become an incredible martial artist, you have everything you need right now. Remember, for me only 10% was what I learned from my coach. The other 90% was what I did for myself. 


Request Information Now!